Friday, August 1, 2014

Kiwi in a smoothie?

Good morning!

Today's smoothie has a fruit that I've never had in a smoothie before, kiwi. Now, there's a good reason I've never had kiwi in a smoothie and that's a mild allergy to the skin of a kiwi. Something about the fuzz on the kiwi gives me hives. It's not just kiwi either, particularly fuzzy plant stems like sunflowers also give me hives!

Needless to say, my boyfriend was the one who took the job of peeling the kiwi and prepping it for the smoothie so we could follow the recipes I've been using. I have a set of 3 weeks worth of recipes and shopping lists that I'm currently following. If there ends up being interest, I can post them in their own page later!



  • 1 kiwi (peeled!)
  • 1 apple (peeled and cored)
  • 1 mango 
  • 1 handful of kale
  • 8 oz coconut milk
  • 8 oz water
  • 2 tsp flax seeds*
  • 2 tsp Very Green*
  • 2 tbs protein*
* As before, supplements not required to make smoothie, just to make it a more filling breakfast alternative.

So far, it's a little crunchy like the seeds of a kiwi usually are but otherwise a smooth, slightly tart smoothie. The smoothie is a pretty mint green color that matches the green rim I use on my cup in the mornings. Apparently boyfriend just dropped his cup on the way to work and broke it so we're down to 3 Magic Bullet cups! They're nice because you can put them directly on the blade for small batch blending.

Later today, keep an eye out for pictures of Tango with his new toy, Jello the octopus!

No comments:

Post a Comment