Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Smoothie

Hello!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a smoothie on Saturday that I didn't love and just skipped breakfast entirely on Sunday. I did spend a good portion of time on Saturday evening prepping the fruit for this week's smoothies though and I'm pretty excited about the new combos I'll be trying out.


Today's smoothie before it was a smoothie! I guess that looks like a lot of ingredients but when all you're doing is dropping things into a blender, it's not all that hard to put together in 5 or so minutes. It's the weekend prep that makes the quick blend possible! In today's smoothie we have:
  • 4 oz blueberry chia seeds (Chia Pod)
  • 1 handful kale
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
  • 6 oz yogurt drink
  • 8 oz water
  • 2 tbs protein
  • 2 tsp Very Green


Smoothie in process! The order I added the ingredients is the same order I put the recipe in which is why you can't see the chia seeds hiding under the kale. When you use fresh kale in smoothies, you always have to take out the woody/fibrous stems or your blender will suffer. That's probably the most time consuming thing I do for any one ingredient the morning of the smoothie. I probably spent about an hour prepping fruit on Saturday but that's not bad for 7 days of breakfast for 2 people!

This week's interesting fruits are papaya, pear, peach, and cherries. 

Keep an eye on Smooth-Chi for today's Daily Chi, guest starring my cat, Jade!

No comments:

Post a Comment